Have you ever eaten home made cranberry sauce? If so, you likely don’t have fond memories of it- between the bitter berries and the consistency of the mystery sauce, most Americans overwhelming choose canned cranberry sauce.
We’re talking about cranberry sauce Linda! Who cares about ‘nutritional value’?
Everything you eat has a nutritional value, not just the good stuff, so why eat high fructose corn syrup when you can try this AMAZINGLY good cranberry sauce that isn’t covered in hard bitter berries or watery mystery goo.
It's so mouth watering and delicious that I bet you’ll never even go back to the canned goop again.
The mixture will look the same for the first 2 hours, then you should see the cranberries starting to split in two, or develop small cracks. When you see this, you know your sauce is done!
5. Turn off the slow cooker, remove the lid and fish out the cinnamon stick and orange halves.
6. Stir. Leave the lid off and allow the sauce to thicken (it WILL thicken!) for about 30 minutes.
Get your protein and antioxidants together with this sweet and healthy dinner idea.
5 Easy Steps!
1. Mix brown sugar and apple juice together and set aside
2. Peel and slice apple
3. Add chicken to the slow cooker
4. Pour cranberries and apple slices over chicken
5. Pour brown sugar and juice mixture over everything.
Cook on Low for 6-8 Hours or on High For 3-4 Hours