Recipe from Green For Clean Desserts by Annie Grapes
Are you ready to take your baking to the next level? Warm Coconut Cookies are a great way to start. They're delicious and healthier than store-bought cookies. Plus you get the added bonus of knowing you made these yourself!
Most of my recipes have short simple ingredient lists. Warm Coconut Cookies are an exception to the rule with about 10 ingredients, but most of these you already have in your kitchen or are easy to find in the store. So let's get baking and leave the butter in the fridge cause these cookies are butter free!
1. Preheat oven to 350 and get a baking sheet out
2. Get all your ingredients measured out and set aside
1. In a LARGE bowl, add flax seed and warm water
2. In a second bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda
3. Add coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla to LARGE bowl and mix until blended
4. Add the contents of the second bowl with the flour to the LARGE bowl and keep stirring. (If it gets too dry, add milk)
5. Slowly mix in oats and coconut shavings
6. Place spoonfuls of this mixture on baking sheet
7. Bake in oven about 8-10 minutes
8. Allow to cool then sprinkle with extra coconut shavings or chocolate if you're feeling naughty